Saturday, October 9, 2010

What it is.

Yea so I started a blog. Why not? Some people seem to be into the things that pop into my head, so yea dude, dig it. So now where to start? These ain't the first thoughts to emerge from the depths of my madness, but whatev man here I go.

If there's anything that I've learned in my days, it's that every which way you look, there is something to be seen. What's more is that the closer you look, the more the mystery of life reveals how little you actually understand. If one so chooses to explore this mystery with their eyes closed, they'd better be prepared to wake up. or fall asleep.

Spending too much time indoors makes you dull. That's a fact. What a crazy idea it is, but so very true, that climbing a tree can be the very best part of your day. If you happen to be reading this, and you are paraplegic, I'm sorry. Don't mean to tease, maybe you could go find a bonsai tree? Those look like fun?

I don't care who you are or how much weight you've lost with Wii Fit, but television and video games are a WASTE OF YOUR DAMN LIFE. Your imagination exists for a reason, even if you try rearry hard to pretend like you don't have one. Letting someone else decide where your mind wanders makes you less human and more boring. Reading is not a waste of time. No, it's not. I have found that a good book can be anything that causes you to see life from some other perspective than your own, and still allows you to decide the sounds, colors and feelings through which you perceive it.

Every human encounter has the potential to be a beautiful experience for all parties involved. Just use your imagination. Dwelling on how best to seek revenge or exactly what to say to make someone feel like an ass only has negative effects on everyone, but mainly the schemer of such things. The crazy thing about Love is, it works every time.

Jesus is where it's at. Remember that and life will be blessed in every way. It definitely won't be easy, but it will be exceptionally remarkable and magnificent, every day. That's not to say that Buddha didn't know what he was doing, because his true followers demonstrate the most beautiful fruits of the Spirit imaginable. There is Truth to be found in all walks of Life, and building walls because of simple misunderstandings or unusual practices is ignorance and is detrimental to any Spiritual Journey or Pursuit of Holiness. If you don't take the time to try to understand someone, then you're just another pharisee. You can be the first to throw your stone.

I don't pretend to be any more holy than anyone else, I'm just a bum who got picked up by the U.S. Coast Guard a year ago. Shoot man, I'm still in the Coast Guard. I remember that like once a day when I realize I'm not kickin it with some endangered species of goats in the Himalayas. Damn. Whatev dude at least I have a blog now.

More to come.

Peace, love, bangarang.

No comments:

Post a Comment