Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Orange day in La Push

Strange to think... Beginning from one hour before now, I shall be standing standing communications watch at Ja Coast Guard Stashun Quillayute River in La Bouche, Washington (State), until several hours post-sundown. Whilst I do this deed, my entire family shalt be congregating with my lovely young Lady-friend, Rachel Wappel, and Company, in Edmond, Oklahoma, the town where I didst endure my childhood and early teen years.

that's weird.

Not weird because this particular selection of persons will be dining amongst each other, which is a normal thing to do for such conversation and familiarization rituals, but weird because these people are all connected by one factor:

The current Coast Guard Stashun Quillayute River communications watchstander in La Bouche, Washington (State).

that's weird.

It would be dishonest of me to say that I am not amused by the idea of this social gathering in the name of my love for Rachel (which it totally is), but I do still feel ever-so-slightly distraught at having to be standing this damn watch at Coast Guard Stashun QYwilltuyekl Rio while my family and the woman who drives me out of my mind with no more than a glance in my direction (and Company) meet to grow as friends with the increasing awareness of what future family tidings lay ahead.

Yes, I am amused. It is an encouraging thought, knowing that in two weeks precisely from this moment, in which I am typing a "blog" (what does that word even mean?) and preparing to do a Bar Restriction Broadcast in less than one minute from now (screw it, I'll just do it right now. Stand by...), I shalt be driving hither from Dallass Texass (hehehe) with that girl sitting right next to me.

Freekin Hoyt! (Quileute term which means somethin totally radical that I don't actually know)

Anywho. So I will push on through, occasionally pulling a carrot out of my pocket to keep me occupied.

Just because you don't carry a stash of carrots in your cargo pockets to get you through the day when you have to sit at a desk for eight hours and answer phones and listen to the radio and make broadcasts that maybe a handful of people actually listen to in a day's time and update weather information and fill out logs and have people constantly come ask you where other people are although you have been sitting alone at a desk in a room and have no conceivable way of knowing where ANYbody is does not give you the right to sit there read this and make your absurd assumptions about my mental stability because I love carrots. There I SAID it. And you, you probably don't even have cargo pockets, do you. Yea thats what I thought.

It's an Orange day in La Push. We played mud football before I went to the dentist in Port Angeles this morning, and my team won by alot, even though no one could feel their feet.

bangarang ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment